My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://zmlee.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks. Inconvenience caused is very much regretted. -ZhaoMing-

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pesta Pantai at Batu Buruk

3 more hours to go before I leave Kuala Terengganu and embark on my Semester 3 journey in INTEC... I am having a mixed feelings of sadness and happiness... Sadness and happiness. They are two contradicting emotions. However, amazingly, they can blend with each other pretty well.

So much for my feelings... As promised, I will blog about the very exciting and enjoyable Pesta Pantai which I went with Shwu Jing, Pei Yi and Gim Hui...

29/06/2007 that was...

It was Friday, the night before Gim Hui left for UKM and a week before I am going to INTEC.

We really had had a good time there. We played the freakiest game there.... The one that spins 360 degrees in the air about 50 metres above ground!!! Actually, that was Shwu Jing's idea. Hehe.... And while waiting Gim Hui to come, we bought the tokens and had a usual, empty chat. (That SK2=Gim Hui bought her new Sony Ericsson hp that night) Wonder why we called her SK2??? Well, that's because she is extremely W-H-I-T-E!!! In her life, she has had a minimum exposure to the sunlight. ^_^"

Okay..., the main point here is the freaky game we played. The machine was a gigantic one.... And when we were queuing up to play, we noticed that there were always sharp screams coming out compared to other games. Alright..., Shwu Jing's theory was not wrong. That was the scariest game and it was not for the faint-hearted. Upon hearing the screams, Gim Hui's face turned pale....

"Can I not play this???" she asked.

"No way we will let you out of this...!" we replied together.

Our moment came. Shwu Jing frantically climbed into the seat and I took the one behind her. Gim Hui sat beside me, whereas Pei Yi took the seat beside Shwu Jing. One of the workers lowered the safety cushion thingie across our shoulder. It held us very tightly. Gim Hui immediately complained about the tightness she felt and I nodded in agreement. (Stupid me... I should have disagreed. Once we were swinged upwards to the air, I suddenly felt grateful to have that fragile cushion holding me.)
After everyone was seated, the game began. Up we go ferociously. The machine had indeed very aggressive movements. And as predicted, Shwu Jing, Pei Yi and Gim Hui screamed like mad. But, Gim Hui was the loudest and sharpest. It's quite impressive to think how could such a small size girl give out such a wild scream... I didn't scream and later I will tell you why.

The machine swinged up and down... 10 seconds, 11 seconds, 12 seconds...then everyone's screaming stopped. The machine had taken its toll. Gim Hui just lowered down her head and for a moment I thought she had been scared to death...had a heart attack..had no more energy left to scream or something like that. But, regretfully, I could not help her at that time as I was busy helping myself!!! The machine flew upward until it had reached the highest point and stopped. I held my safety cushion tightly, feeling very insecured at such position. Just like my prediction, the machine suddenly jerk downwards towards the ground. I could clearly hear the wild whisper of the wind at my ears... My sandals had almost dropped and I was very worried about my handphone. Looking down, I saw the people there were actually very much more relaxed than us. And when the machine jetted upwards, all of us were in an inverse position. Imagine sitting on a chair, which is embeded onto the ceiling. AND the ceiling is 50 METRES from the ground!!! My hand automatically held the safety cushion as tightly as I could because at that point, it acted as my lifeline. I desperately tried to push myself close to my seat, against the force of gravity. I was actually hanging in the air with the safety cushion only as my support.

No, I didn't see any tunnel with a bright light at the end of it. Instead, I saw the crowd watching us in the air as though we were performing for them.

"Wait... I could see them clearly. That means.... Oh no!!! This machine doesn't have a closed cover on the top! Once you fall from your seat, you will be falling 50 metres down to the hard ground!!!" A monologue was taking place in me.

I swear.... everytime the machine lowered down, I had the very urge to jump out of my seat to the safe, stable ground. But as the time passed by, I knew that everything was not under my control anymore and I should enjoy my time up there as I had paid RM6.00 for it. I closed my eyes and realised how fragile our life is. And then, that thing spinned 360 degrees for three revolutions. It was indeed very breathtaking if breathtaking is the word to describe the split second when someone is short of breath!!!

Wanting to know whether Gim Hui was stil alive or dead, I called her... It was no easy job though. The thing was spinning here and there, making me super dizzy, and my hands were always firm on the safety cushion in case anything were to turn bad. Again, I called out her name.

After a short pause, she replied softly, "Ha..?"

"Are you okay???"

"I want to go down now la... Don't want to play already." She said this when the thing was still spinning wildly.

"Haha...How to stop wor?"

Hey Gim Hui, if you are reading this,....... zzzzZZZZ.... You thought I am superman meh? Can stop this 'fierce' machine on my own.

Next, she told me that she could not breath.

It was followed by a threat to vomit.

"I want to vomit arr!!!" she said and there was a deep silent.

All the while, our conversation was taking place with her head lowered and eyes shut.

So, I patted her shoulder and asked if she was okay... And I was gentleman enough to take one of my hands of the safety cushion and grab her's. Walao eh.... Damn cold man!!!

"Hehe....!"she laughed to me and said,"I cannot feel anything leh. My hands are numb already."

Afraid that she might lose her consciousness, I kept on beating her until she finally responded with a faked ignorant smile... Siao one...

At last, the ride, which felt like what was for eternity, came to an end. Everyone got out of their seats very quickly. Pei Yi was sweating like she just ran a marathon and Gim Hui complained about stomache aches. zzzzzZZZ a weird girl... But, Shwu Jing really proved that she has the qualities of being our class monitor for 5 consecutive years. She was indeed very brave. :P

After that, everyone, with their pale faces, went to A&W to have a drink. And Pei Yi was still recuperating from her shock + tiredness.

Then, the one million dollar question came, all of them asked me why didn't I scream? Well, actually, I also don't understand why were they screaming in the first place? Because they are scared??? I had no extra energy to scream as I was really very busy trying to keep myself from falling down. Haha!!! No time for screaming or whatsoever... Life is more important than a few minutes of releasing emotions. That's all I guess. Hope to go for another outing like this. :-)

Had taken a few photos in A&W

Shwu Jing and Pei Yi

Group Photo


Gim Hui and Me


Me and Shwu Jing


Haha... The A&W worker was bad at photographing

The Pale Faces @_@


The day before yesterday was a Friday too. And actually, on that day, I had planned to attend Daniel Lee's concert, which was held in my younger sister's school. However, a twist of mood forced me to change my mind. I decided to be a home-stayer and enjoy the final few days with my family before going to Shah Alam. Besides that, what's the fun when most of my friends had gone back to KL to continue their studies. Lolzz... If I were to go to that concert, I believe right now, I will have another interesting material to write about.. :S

p/s : Gim Hui... I broke the promise. Hehe... But I do not consider numbness in hand, tenderness to vomit and stomache ache as embarrassments. :P

No comments: