My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://zmlee.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks. Inconvenience caused is very much regretted. -ZhaoMing-

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

~THE EXPOSURE (Part 2)~ Harvard Medical School

First of all, I would like to apologise to all my faithful blog readers (if there is any) for this rather late posting. Five months of painful waiting is indeed intolerable. However, I have my very own reason for this shortcoming. Ahha! Excuses... Excuses... Excuses again! Alright, I admit that I am rather lazy and impatient when it comes to sitting in front of my laptop, spitting out words when my mind is totally blank and the sense of linguistic is vague. Well, it seems that I am not as enthusiastic in blog authoring as my friend, Johnson Neo Yan Ning, does. "Don't be too happy huh Yan Ning as you are not the only hardcore blogger in Malaysia." Haha... Anyway, who would want to waste their time and energy in this kind of thingamajig? :P

But, I think I am not an absolute lame blog author as I do own my readers' attention. Mr. Ang is rather interested in my previous post and he demands more info about Harvard Medical School. (Hey, I am not making this up ya... I did receive an email from him and at that moment, I was really flabbergasted as it was my first post.) Hehe, and I think I had also promised to reveal the endeavours of Johnson and me at Sunway Convention Centre.

Now, where should I begin? Right... Let's continue our story about Harvard University. On that day, there was an Aunty who seemed to be very much interested towards this university. She asked many brainstorming questions and as an addition, she had a pen and notebook to jot things down just in case that she missed any information provided by the volunteer at the booth, which I think could not be possible for someone with an inquistic mind. Don't get this wrong, okay? It is obvious that she was taking notes for her offsprings, not for herself. Anyway, this is just a mere guess. Lolz... Nothing is impossible. If what I have guessed is wrong, I will not know where to hide my face... How shameful it is to lose to a forty-year-old Aunty in terms of academic achievement.

After an eye-opening session at the Harvard booth, both of us marched towards the University of Princeton booth, I think. (sorry... can't really recall which booth it is) However, we two had had a rather embarrassing experience there. The volunteer in-charged is totally s*cks... If I were to give a feedback of her friendliness from the scale of 1 to 10, I do not think she deserve a 0.1. We queued up for almost 30 minutes just to be told by her that she did not know anything about the postgraduate courses offered. I am not trying to condemn her... But the pathetic scenario of crowd leaving her booth with a gloomy face was a solid proof of her failure to enthral the people's attention. As an addition to our humiliation, I foolishly pointed out a girl's phone number and Canada address which were on a piece of paper to Johnson and made remark about her weird name. Johnson just giggled. All of a sudden, a girl beside me said," Excuse me. That girl is me." Johnson and me had no choice but to act cool and force a 'hi' plus an 'innocent smile' to her. Haha, that's not all... Seconds after that, her friend sounded," The guys back there have waited quite long. We should give way to them first."

At this point, a point of no return I would say, I could sense that something was terribly wrong. To make things worse, Johnson 'pandai-pandai' turned his face towards the girl whom we had offended earlier. They both had a romantic face-to-face meet. And then.... "CRASH!!!"

"Not the two guys la... It is the other two guys at the back."

Oh My God!!! We really did not know where to hide our face anymore. Even Johnson, who is well-known for his 'non-paisehness', turned tomato red. 5, 4, 3,...1 Phuh... Off we fled the harzardous zone. Sighs of relief were given out once we were sure that no one noticed us anymore. Then, braving ourselves again, we went on to venture other booths suggested by Leen, a Bank Negara Malaysia scholar. Apparently, our desire to visit all the Ivy League Universities booths is not put off by the embarrassing incident earlier on.

I think Chien Chou, the founder of RECOM (REBORN COMMUNITY. A forum site that provides useful information about anything ranging from education to economy http://www.recom.org ) was also present there as a volunteer. He told us there is a package which is a combination of obtaining a Masters from Harvard Medical School and PHD from MIT. This package is indeed very amusing. However, we learnt that the cost of this package is astronomical and at least 5 years of research is needed in order to gain admission to these two universities... And then... 'TADA!' achievement which is beyond godlike is in your hands. Haha, I made it sound so easy... But in actual fact, there is only a few geniuses in Malaysia who is capable of achieving it.

Next, we follow Jei, Shwu Jing, Eu Jeen, Han Loong and his friend, Jonathan, to eat at somewhere near there. I feasted on Sarawak's Laksa, but still I think Penang's Laksa is the best. We tried to look for some entertainment at Sunway. However, due to the lack of luck and exercising prudence in balancing expenditure against Public Service Department (PSD) allowance, at the end of the day, we ended up at Xin Yan's condominium chit-chatting. Xin Yan is also a PSD scholar, but she is ten times more fortunate than us to get a condo, with elevators, tennis courts and a wonderful swimming pool, instead of a 'prison' at the Cendana hostel. In my next life, I will certainly try to apply for Canadian programme and might probably have a memorable and comfortable learning experience at Taylor's college. Hehe... I wonder if Taylor's college and PSD scholarship still exist in my next life......

My neck is aching badly now, indicating that enough rubbish has been written for my blog today. I will be going back to INTEC soon to meet my fellow buddies and embark on my Semester 2 journey without Computer Science class. Yeah!!! Hmm... Just got my Semester 1 results. Although I scored 15 points full (A A A ) for my three core subjects (Biology, Chemistry and Core Maths and Statistics), but I got 2 B's for both Computer Science and English. Huhuhu... Anyway, these two subjects were beyond my control as it depended on my lecturers whether to award me an A or not. These two lecturers of mine are really very good and knowledgeable, but I reckoned they were very strict in awarding marks. Students from other classes could obtain an A so easily while we had to slave ourselves in order to get a B or C. This is not a personal opinion, I just summarise what my friends think, especially Cheng Ing. Lolz...no offence ya Cheng Ing. However, I am rather surprised that I got an A for my Theology and Philosophy. Haha... As far as I know, Sun Quan and Johnson scored all A's... Congrates buddies!!! Well done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading ur blog,1st thing came into mind - wah,english improve lagi..lolz..ok back to real deal..

1st thing came across my mind - the whole notion and environment of our course is totally different ( guess tats difference between East n West lo^^) U all's exposure range is kinda
wider and the most important,u all try all best to achieve, to absorb knowledge more n more (can see tat from ur blog content).Tat kind of 'urge' is embedded in u all's mind i guess.

Share a little bout mine. Our exposure is a little too focused on Japan. And we do not study the likes of Computer Science (for etc) ,which resembles something different from high school,like u.What we'r facing - only old physics math chemistry ..sweating, lol^^

Plus,all other jpa sponsored courses (straightaway go 2 degree) are different from us here,we'll b having diploma for 3 years 1st in japanese national college and then only degree for 2 years in university.Erm, i suppose tis matter is a direct cause of our 'lack of enthusiasm or dream....' something like tat, in other words 'macam budak sekolah menengah lagi'..haha..Because we'll b heading to national colleges in japan,which is automatic,we dun worry bout university stuff now. Just study well,play hard,think which part of japan u feel like going (there's alot national colleges in japan)...haha, kinda fun rite?but the study here as hard as u too...

Write more n my reply will b as long as ur blog,haha...so tat's all^^Hav fun..

ZM said...

My English s*cks la Chai Ei...
No much improvement... But Eu Jeen certainly mastered something beyond our means in terms of English language as he was drilling this language all this while in INTEC. Don't believe? Try asking him...
Well, actually, I went to the USA Edu Fair to learn more about my medic postgraduate studies lah.. Saje go there. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

wah all english so so geng..haizzz...looks like need to improve 1st juzt can post a comment here o...haha..i use all is the so called "sms language" du...haha=P

ZM said...

Along... Do I need to lend you a dictionary? Just write anything la.. owei..
By the way, how's your studies? How's Unit 2 and 3 for both Biology and Chemistry?
Is it tough???

ZM said...

Aiyo... Johnson... You ma more hardcore than me...
Hahaha