My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://zmlee.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks. Inconvenience caused is very much regretted. -ZhaoMing-

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy New Year Countdown In KT

Men have always generalized things based on what had happened in the past. This is indeed very true. Modern human beings are rather rational most of the time. One of the methods to find the probability that one thing will happen is through historical data. No offence… I learned this in my Statistics class. I am not kidding, man…. I "had always" paid full attention during my Stats lecture no matter how bad I am against it…. Well, most of the time lah… Hehe.

Contrastingly, my recent New Year celebration disobeyed this probability law. It is not that I dislike Terengganu for its “peacefulness”, but it really pushed my tolerance right to the end of the cliff when I could not even find a decent Cyber Café at 12.00am of Christmas day. The sole Cyber Café (JustCom) was full of hardcore gamers… And there were, too, some crazy ones queuing up for their turns. Therefore, my friends (Jin Sern, Eu Jeen, Han Loong, Chun Liang, Sin Jei, Jia Haur) and I had no choice but to head home and sleep. Haiz… *sigh* :(

However, I was proved very wrong to stigmatise KT as a place of no joy. Maybe no entertainment, but still, it has the joy of its own. The joy of celebrating New Year Eve with friends and loved ones brings about a unique feeling… It was sheer happiness. Before that, I think I have the responsibility to extend my humble apologies to Debbie because I did not attend her countdown party at Michelle’s house. I certainly could not be at two places at the same time. But, I am sure you all would have also had a gala time without my presence. You may wonder where Zhao Ming will be if not at that party… Time to reveal the truth… Haha… I was celebrating New Year Eve with my fellow friends… But before that, I went to fetch my Sweetie from her house.

It was kind of funny… My dear called me to ring Zheng Wei up to find out where would they be “countdowning” New Year and perhaps we would join them. I thought that maybe this wasn’t a bad idea after all. So, I phoned Zheng Wei’s mobile…. And the one at the receiving end was definitely Chai Ei’s voice. He said, “ Where are you? Alright… Wait in front of my house.” Okay, no problem… (but it turned out to be a huge problem…) 7 minutes, 10 minutes…. 15 minutes…. Time was ticking fast, but still, Zheng Wei’s Proton Waja was no where to be seen. It seemed not so right, huh..?

After that, there came a million-dollar call…
“Hello.. Where are you now?”
“I am waiting in front of Chai Ei’s house loh… Where are you guys?”
“Hahaha…. Just now you not phone to Zheng Wei’s hp meh?”
“Yala…. But the one telling me to go to his house is Chai Ei ma…”
“Har..? You can recognize Chai Ei’s voice meh?”
“&*%*€$*€$^*^&&$...... You think I am so stupid de meh...????! Lolz.... My own friend’s voice takkan I can forget....???????”
“Haha! Okay, you wait there for 5 minutes… We are heading there.”

Dear couldn’t stop laughing when I told her what had happened.

At last… At long last… After some small misunderstandings, Zheng Wei, Chun Liang and Chai Ei arrived shortly in a car. I think they were shocked when they saw her in my car… (Later, days after that Zheng Wei gave me a piece of his mind for not telling him the presence of my little Sweetie.) As Dear wanted to meet Gim Hui, I asked Zheng Wei to invite the gracious princess from her cozy Wisma Tenang. They had tried all the ways and tricks they have under their sleeves to coax her out, but Gim Hui seemed to be firm on her stand. For your information, we waited for almost an hour just to be informed they had failed in their mission. Without Gim Hui, the party must still go on. We had some drinks at Mumbai, Park Royal. Later, Chen Han and Shou Lee joined us. Shou Lee was blasted right on his face with critics from Zheng Wei about his blog. Lol…. If you want to read something on economics and feel that the Business section in newspaper does not provide enough “out-of-the-box” opinions, try clicking on the link Wong Shou Lee at the right-hand side of this page. You will either be amazed or killed by boredom on the spot. As for me, I think it is a state of the art economics web log I have ever come across. However, I feel that it is only suitable for those who are involved in economics studies… A fantastic blog with lots of constructive opinions and ideas, really.

Half an hour later, Dear and I bade farewell to my friends and we headed to other place to celebrate our Happy New Year. Hehe… But I will not reveal where we went. Kiak Kiak… Let it be a mystery to you and secret to me. All Homo sapiens do need privacy, right? It is our human right. :-P At 12am sharp, there were loads and loads of fireworks… Then….Haha… It was kind of a romantic and memorable night. Guess who was the first person I see in year 2007… I think no further details are needed to be added… :-)

After that, I fetched Dear back as it was rather late and her Dad was quite worried. What to do..? The only daughter in the family.. On the way back, I unexpectedly saw a car which was full of Form 5 juniors (Debbie was in the car too. They were going back after the countdown party at Ibai). The intriguing part is that they were stopped by the police… My first guess was that they were busted for being overloaded. However, I later found out that the driver was actually fined RM50.00 for knocking down the roadblock cone set up by the police. RM50.00 seemed not logical to me. Perhaps it was the bribe for the policemen. Bribery, bribery, bribery… Sound like a typical Malaysia syndrome. I wonder when can we totally erase bribery from the enforcement agencies in our country? Haha… I admit I am not truly a patriotic person who is willing to devote everything to the country but bribery can really wreck a country as shown in the history of many other countries.

I am already writing out of topic. Alright… It is the time to stop and continue to study my Biology. There will a Bio quiz next week… First quiz for this year. Oh shit… It is already 4pm.. Happy New Year… Anyeong Haseyo!

1 comment:

ej said...

trg is a sad place for cc la.. so expensive summore..

but it still rawks since its my hometown.. weeeeeeeha!!!

cheers~