My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://zmlee.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks. Inconvenience caused is very much regretted. -ZhaoMing-

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Overall Review of My First Semester Long Holidays

“Time and tide waits for no man”. I can’t help but to agree with this statement. No, I am certainly not trying to sound poetic… It is just that I have only 3 days left in Kuala Terengganu (KT), my peaceful hometown, before I begin my Semester 2 studies. I do not know why, but time does not seem to be enough to me. Actually, my End of Semester holiday is as long as two months….and my now-rusty brain is a clear evidence that eight weeks of staying at home can really wreck one’s mind and reduce his or her intelligence and alertness level. It is no joking matter….I feel so “numb” now.

Alright, here’s the overall review of my first semester long holidays… Before returning to KT, I had had a wonderful time in KL….particularly at Starhill (Bukit Bintang) and Midvalley. It was quite a totally different experience when I followed my uncle to work and take part in his social life. And how many of us can really sit on a comfortable chair at the working desk in YTL Holdings? Haha… I am not kidding. My uncle works for EXTIVA, one of the branch companies of YTL Holdings, which is in-charged of providing networking services. Maxis, JVC and Celcom are some of their major clients… Alright, enough business secrets being unfolded. And the best part is I had the golden opportunity to take my dinner with one of EXTIVA’s biggest client. Well, I should say that it is my uncle’s client… Uncle told me that guy provides at least RM100,000 to his department monthly. Therefore, taking dinner with him should not be something cheap. When dinner was over, my uncle paid the RM200 bill. Luckily, my uncle has entertainment allowance that enables him to claim the RM200 back from the company. Money, money, money…… We are living in a money-money world.




Working at EXTIVA office :-)


One Day in YTL, LOT 10

Yeah... That's ZMLee



Although the time I had spent in KL for my holiday is kind of short, I do not gain nothing. After a long three months waiting, my laptop had at last arrived. Here’s the catch…latest Acer model with 20% off. Haha!!! The 20% discount is nearly half of my iPod price. That’s why my uncle had always called me to wait first…wait until the Aspire 5580 notebook with integrated webcam and microphone plus Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5600 arrived at EXTIVA office. That’s right…! Where else can you find such a good offer? After that, my uncle accompanied me to the Automated Teller Machine to withdraw RM1000++ (real amount is not disclosed due to some privacy purposes) to pay for my iPod which he had helped me to buy earlier. I really had butterflies in my stomach as I was carrying such a huge amount of money in my pocket… fear of being robbed haunted me along my way, but I braved myself and promised to myself that I would give a good bash to anyone who had a bad intention on me, be it male or female. Wait…maybe female can well be exempted. I surely don’t want to be labeled as a guy who likes to bully girl or act violently towards the latter. (for you information, Starhill is a grey zone area.) I know I sound pretty dramatic… but the young, hot blood in me always outmatches my rationality. Perhaps in certain situations, it is wiser sometimes to act as a Terminator rather than a Karpal Singh or a Confucius.
Not many things worth to be mentioned after that… My uncle gave his girlfriend and me a treat at the Marche restaurant… And I almost missed my plane due to the massive traffic jam along the way to Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT). I think I owed my uncle much as he was the one fetching me here and there plus giving me treats occasionally. Then, a few hours later, I am back to my peaceful and boring hometown. Opps… I nearly miss this interesting part. First hug, first kiss…that I know… But, first time trapped in the elevator??? Haha… My uncle and I both have our first’s together. Lolz…Uncle’s girlfriend don’t angry ya…? This was also not what we wanted. Anyway, it was really a close one.
"I can feel myself floating in the air,
looking back at my freezing body and struggling to kick off the bright light at
the end of a dark tunnel."

Sorry, just added some thingamabobs to spice things up. “Hot-N-Spicy”… Wah, my favourite leh… Anyway, it was rather funny. My uncle and I entered the lift. He pressed the button. The lift door closed in front of us… Then, there was nothing but stillness. My uncle immediately pressed the bell button and phoned to alarm his colleagues that we were trapped in the lift. Here’s the funny Cantonese conversation :

Uncle : Wei… Ei.. Ngo Dei Zhong Suo Ju Zoi Lift Ni Dou ar… Fai Di Wan
maintenance worker Lei Bong Ngo Dei Da Hoi la..
(Hello.. Ei.. We are trapped in the lift ar. Quickly find maintenance
worker to help us to open the lift door la.)


After 6 minutes, the elevator is operational again. My uncle made a second phone call.

Uncle : Meng Sai la... Lift Huo Yi Yok Jor.. Dang Dou Hoi Dei Lei, Wo Dou Sei
Jor la
(No need already. The lift can move already. Wait until they all
come, I am also dead already.)

[A thousand apologies if my Cantonese pronunciation is not that accurate. I am trained to speak Hokkien only…but now is currently picking up Cantonese in order to survive in KL. My uncle was also like me… But now, he already has the flair in this language]


(I will never ponteng again... Huhuhu...)

Actually, that day he left the company earlier as there was not much more for him to do… He was rather free, so he planned to take me go shopping. Haha... Naughty, naughty…

Back in KT… I can just summarise myself rotting at home in 9 phases :
PHASE 1 : EAT ALL THE TIME
PHASE 2 : PLAY ALL THE TIME
PHASE 3 : WATCH MOVIE ALL THE TIME
PHASE 4 : SLEEP AT 3.00AM ALMOST EVERYDAY
PHASE 5 : GO OUT MOST OF THE TIME
PHASE 6 : OUT OF TOUCH WITH ACADEMIC BOOKS
PHASE 7 : LOST MY SENSES, FORGOTTEN ALL THE SYLLABI
PHASE 8 : STARTED TO WORRY ABOUT SEMESTER 2 ON 2/1/2007
PHASE 9 : DISCOVERED THAT BLOGGING IS NOT THAT BAD AS
WHAT I HAD THOUGHT OF EARLIER

Well, but then I think it is not a total waste… Rather meaningful… Had the opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones, strengthen my relationship with gf, meet with old friends and so on....

I heard Semester 2 studies are not easy cakes. And for the End of Semester 2 Exam, I will have no choice but to repeat all my Semester 1 syllabi. Guess that’s the price we will have to pay to become a respectful doctor. Haha... That's all for now. Next will be my new year countdown session in Kuala Terengganu. So, stay tuned ya dear friends.... :P

-ZHAOMING-

No comments: