My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://zmlee.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks. Inconvenience caused is very much regretted. -ZhaoMing-

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Words for Thoughts ~Ve Ri Tas~

~THE EXPOSURE (Part 1)~ Harvard Medical School - "Ve Ri Tas" (TRUTH)

USA Education Exhibition in Sunway Convention Centre [SUNDAY 16/7/2006]
~PART ONE~

" Oh, I got 2200 points for my SAT and I am heading to Harvard University
for my Economics in September. And, well, I just managed to obtain 8A's in
my SPM"
This was what a Harvard-student-to-be said at the Harvard University booth. I think she was trying to convey the message that a good command of English is of dire importance in university applications. Well, I am an International Medical University (IMU) bound student and Harvard University is obviuosly not in its Partner Medical School (PMS) list. I will tell more about myself, or rather my history, later. For now, let's just stress on the university with the motto "Ve Ri Tas".

"Ve Ri Tas" means truth. Nothing but the truth. One of the many good things about this prestigious higher learning of institution is that it does not have any quotas for universities, races or countries. It practises a fair and square system with the 50% male and 50% female policy. "Most students here score perfect score in their examinations, but don't get too obsessed of scoring perfect marks", this is what I saw on one of their banners. Harvard students are mostly perfectionists and all-rounders. Therefore, the education system in Harvard University should well be implemented in other universities in order to give life to a "brainy-brainy" world. However, intelligence and knowledge should be managed ethically by human. Ethical attitudes are what Homo sapiens lack of nowadays and will be a great hinder to the development of a "brainy" world. A simple example is the humorous "Pinky and the Brain" cartoon. Brain power without moral constraint is simply unimaginable. Newspaper headline, "Secondary School Students Launched A Mass Nuclear Strike in Pakistan". Scenarios like this will be common and they will cost mankind more than what we can lose.

Alright, that's all for now. My Computer Science lecturer is giving a lecture, but I burrow my head in the computer monitor, typing my very first posting. Very not ethical, right? Really sorry for this contrasting action of mine and the long-winded posting which explains the importance of ethics. In the next postings, I will include my life in primary school, secondary school, International Education Centre (INTEC), future ambitions and the endeavours of Johnson Neo Yan Ning and me in Sunway Convention Centre.

For now, "Ve Ri Tas" once more!

-ZhaoMing- (p/s : please kindly leave your comment although this posting is still incomplete) :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to knoe more about Hravad student's academic life. Thank you. I can't wait to see your article about International Education Centre (INTEC), because I am an international student in U.S.A. and want to study in Harvard

ZM said...

Anonymous... Well, actually International Education Centre a.k.a. INTEC has nothing got to do with international students. Yes, they may accept students from other countries for preparatory courses. However, unlike KYUEM, the preparatory course there does not stress on admission into Ivy League Universities or those prestigious universities. INTEC stresses more on getting the students into their respective universities as demanded by the Public Service Department (PSD). It must be made clear to you also of the fact that most students in INTEC are PSD and Bank Negara scholars.