My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://zmlee.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks. Inconvenience caused is very much regretted. -ZhaoMing-

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Scheiße! Scheiße! Scheiße!

Woke up "7 early 8 early" with high spirit... 'Yeah, today I am going to do my medical check-up at Hospital Sultanah Nur Zahirah.'

Fetched mum, dad and sis to their respective schools.
Went to the hospital at 7 something. Woah, many parking lots. *grin*

Went to "Kaunter Pertanyaan" and asked where should I register for med check-up?
Both women at the counter replied, "Oh... Masih awal lagi. Pukul 9 baru kaunter check-up buka. Pergi minum minum dululah."

Okay, so I sat down at one corner and took out my Sun Tzu's "The Art Of War" to read.
Pondered upon an interesting part :
"I have heard that in war
Haste can be
Folly;
But have never seen
Delay that was
Wise."



Around 8.45am, people were already queuing up at the check-up counter and I followed suit.

9.00am>>> A lady appeared at the counter and said, "Ada buat temujanji ke? Hanya mereka yang buat temujanji sahaja yang boleh buat check-up."

What the...........&*^$#%@^&!!! Okay, that's fine then. I would just make an appointment. I opened the book and just as I wanted to write my name and IC number on it, I was startled... The date on the page was 26/8/2008!!! What the...........&%$&^&^#^#^*%^$^!!! The next appointment will be more than one month from now.

Lucky me... I went to find a neighbour of mine who was working there. She knew people in the hospital and helped me to arrange for an appointment. Guess when will that appointment be? Tomorrow. =) Woohoo...!

Now... I would really love to do my med check-up anywhere, but at the government hospital. However, in the letter from PSD, they clearly stated this : "Untuk makluman, saudara/i dikehendaki untuk menjalani pemeriksaan kesihatan di hospital kerajaan atau hospital swasta (klinik swasta tidak dibenarkan)..." And I have no idea whether private hospital exists in Kuala Terengganu.

Anyway, when I received the letter, it's already way past the deadline for submission of med report. And, they printed out my home address wrongly. They (PSD) totally screwed up this, big time.

I am going to hospital again tomorrow. *sigh* Wish me luck so that I don't have to wait long for my turn. This morning was really "Scheiße! Scheiße! Scheiße!".

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

ZM said...

Did my med-checkup. Got to wait 1 month++ to get my result. Hopefully, anything will not go wrong.

The young lady at the counter was a newbie. Glanced through my form but didn't know what forms should be given.

Ended up giving my 3 to 4 sets of forms for me to fill in my particulars. Went to urine department and the guy told me that according to the letter, it's a must to do blood test. So, I went back to the counter to get a couple of missing forms.

Off I went to the blood-extraction room. There were Hep B, HIV, VDRL and TPHA tests which must be done by me. They had no idea what TPHA was. Phoned here and there. Well, at last they said there's no need for TPHA test, but HIV test must be done at the urine department where they had some sort of devices which can detect HIV instantly, using blood from the thumb. zzzzZZZ I thought that was for pregnant woman.

After that, I went to the urine department for my HIV test. Guess what...? The man there said, "Sorry. We do not provide such test. You go back and tell them this."

So, I went back to the room and told them the bad news. I had to take another form from the counter for HIV. They tried to transfer my blood from one tube to another, but the blood had already coagulated. Damn... So, the whole thing meant that they needed to take my blood one more time. They apologised and said it was a mistake of miscommunication.

Went to take my blood pressure and pulse readings. zzzzZ The nurse there just left the machine on my arm and was busy with something else. I don't know how reliable is this, but my blood pressure is 93/46 and my pulse rate is 46. What a low blood pressure. Going to ask them to do once again next time in order to make sure that it's an accurate measurement.

The X-ray was in the evening. By the way, does anyone know whether Mantoux test is associated with X-rays? I thought that Tuberculosis can be detected by injecting something into the body and wait for the results 2-3 days later. But I googled up Tuberculosis test and found that X-ray films can also be used to detect it.

p/s : TPHA is actually a test for syphilis. It's already included in the VDRL test I guess. Correct me if I am wrong.